The New Yorker Uses Their Cover To RESIST TRUMP In This Heartbreakingly Accurate Way
The New Yorker Cover Speaks Without Saying A Word
The New Yorker just made the most eloquent response to Trump’s first days as president, and its heartbreaking accuracy is enough to make America weep.
The illustration shows the upheld hand of the Statue of Liberty, holding aloft her iconic flame, long since seen as a beacon to freedom and the promise of a better life…
…but the flame has been snuffed out.
— Nicholas Thompson (@nxthompson) February 3, 2017
Sometimes, a picture speaks far more loudly than words. And this is one of those times.
In the aftermath of President Trump’s disastrous and shameful ban on Muslims, and as the country turns its back on refugees, sorrow has overtaken much of the country. The ban on a specific religious group flies in the face of everything that has ever made this country great. We are a country of immigrants. And furthermore, as a global power and nation of immense wealth, that we should reject refugees is a deep shame.
The image featured is by John W. Tomac, and is titled “Liberty’s Flameout.” Françoise Mouly, the magazine’s art director, explained the choice in a blog post on Friday:
“It used to be that the Statue of Liberty, and her shining torch, was the vision that welcomed new immigrants. And, at the same time, it was the symbol of American values. Now it seems that we are turning off the light.”
Make no mistake – these are not American values. What we are witnessing is the destruction of everything that has always made us great. This is why people march. This is why people are resisting. Trump may be in power, but the majority is not with him.
History will not look kindly on those who ignored the outstretched hands of the persecuted.
- Pro-Gun Gov. Greg Abbott Just Met With Grieving Santa Fe Families — But He Won’t Help Them
- English Teacher Corrects Trump’s Horribly Written Letter, Sends it Back to WH in Epic Troll
- Memorial Day Reflections on the Unheralded Souls Who Died for our Freedom
- Democrats Could Flip This Red State to Blue — Thanks to This New Progressive All Star
- Rape, Death Threats, Beatings – New Report Alleges ‘Systemic’ Abuse by CBP of Immigrant Children
- WH Site Crashes in Rush to Buy Newly Minted Coin Commemorating Trump’s Epic NK Fail
Samantha was born and raised in the Midwest and is proof that liberals exist everywhere, even in Missouri.