Here’s Why This Year’s Easter Egg Roll Was Mostly White Kids From Wealthy Families
This year’s White House Easter Egg Roll was noticeably less diverse than previous years
The Trump administration failed to invite children from local D.C. schools. The resulting Easter Egg Roll is symbolic of a disproportionately white and wealthy administration.
Transcript: Hi, this is Cecilia Darling with Reverb Press. This year’s White House Easter Egg roll was noticeably less diverse than in the past. The reason why up next.
The Trump Administration reportedly failed to send invitations to several D.C.-area schools. Local school districts say they were excluded from the White House’s Easter celebration, despite being invited in previous years. The result was a noticeable lack of diversity as one of the whitest and wealthiest administrations in recent history celebrated the holiday.
“I haven’t heard of anybody going this year, we certainly haven’t gotten an invitation”
It may seem trivial at first, but inviting children from the local area to join in celebrating Easter, regardless of their race or socioeconomic status, is powerfully symbolic of the great American ideal that we are all created equal, and that there is less that divides us than unites us.
Then again, what could be more symbolic of the Trump White House than a hastily thrown-together event for the wealthy and well-connected? This has been Cecilia Darling with Reverb Press. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Donald Trump has now become part of the Mexican Easter celebration. As part of the Easter rituals on late Saturday, Mexicans have set on fire effigies of… Continue reading.
Obama made some remarks about Christians during his Easter Prayer Breakfast speech which once again has caused an uproar among Christian conservatives… Continue reading.
The late, great comic Bill Hicks once observed that if Jesus Christ did return to the contemporary world, he’d probably be mortified to see… Continue reading.
(Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
- It’s Official: Fox News and the GOP have merged into a single political media enterprise
- Ana Navarro to Trump: As Commander in Chief “you do not fight with the family of a dead soldier!”
- The Daily Caller actually thinks Ted Cruz won this argument – but really, he got Bern’d!
- Terrifying new poll shows most Republicans don’t support the 1st Amendment
- Internet rejoices as school honoring Confederate leader to be renamed for Barack Obama
- Experts, Mar-a-Lago visitors skeptical of White House claims about records