Arnold Schwarzenegger Quits Celebrity Apprentice - Blames Trump

Arnold Schwarzenegger Quits Celebrity Apprentice – Blames Trump

News Corpse Banner
And the hits just keep on coming.

Schwarzenegger fires Apprentice

Friday afternoon reports began circulating that Arnold Schwarzenegger would not be returning to Celebrity Apprentice for the next season. That by itself isn’t all that surprising. The program was not performing very well and it’s fate had not been determined. However, Schwarzenegger’s reasons were interesting. In an interview with the Empire website, the ex-terminator said:

“With Trump being involved in the show people have a bad taste and don’t want to participate as a spectator or as a sponsor or in any other way support the show. It’s a very divisive period now and I think this show got caught up in all that division.”

That’s true. The organized boycotts of all things Donald Trump have spread like wildfire across the country. It’s part of the reason that Ivanka’s fashion line was dropped at Nordstrom’s. And advertiser’s have been reluctant to associate themselves with the bigoted President who is neck-deep in scandal.

RELATED: Trump vs. Nordstrom: Spicer Used Daily Press Briefing To Attack US Business For Dumping Ivanka

Trump Tweets

Furthermore, Schwarzenegger can’t be blamed for not wanting to work with The Donald, who is still an executive producer of the show. After ratings came out earlier this year Trump tweeted:

Trump even called out Schwarzenegger at the National Prayer Breakfast, of all places. At an event that ordinarily brings people together to find common ground. Trump lashed out at his fellow Republican who supported John Kasich for president. But Arnold had the last word with a viral video response on Twitter:

Schwarzenegger says that he would be happy to work with NBC again, but not with a show that has the “baggage” of the President’s affiliation. NBC has not commented on whether the Apprentice program will continue next season with a new host.

Featured Photo by Ben A. Pruchnie/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures International.

Mark Howard is the artist/author responsible for News Corpse, a website dedicated to analysis of the media and the right-wing bias inherent in a corporate-dominated media marketplace. His work has been published by nationally known progressive outlets such as Alternet and Salon. Follow News Corpse on Twitter and Facebook.