BORN TO RUN: Springsteen Cover Band Bails Trump Inauguration, Twitter ERUPTS With Hilarity
Out Of Respect For Springsteen, B-Street Band Cancels Appearance At Inaugural Gala
It’s no secret Donald Trump and his team have been having trouble booking talent for his inauguration this week. And it appears the task just got even harder as the B-Street Band, a Bruce Springsteen cover band, has pulled out of their scheduled show out of respect for the artist they honor.
Band member Will Forte told Rolling Stone:
“We felt that we had to make it known that we didn’t want to seem disrespectful, in any way, shape or form, to Bruce and his music and his band,” Forte says. “I don’t want to upset them. We owe everything to him and our gratitude and respect to the band is imperative above all else. It became clear to us that this wasn’t working and we just had to do what we thought was the right thing to do and that was to pull out.”
The band had played the Garden State Inaugural Gala in both 2009 and 2013 and had booked the 2017 inauguration long before Donald Trump had won the election. Forte previously stressed the band wasn’t political and their appearance was just about playing a show:
“C’mon, we’re a bar band,” Forte said last week. “It’s got nothing to do with politics whatsoever.”
Twitter was quick with the hilarious pokes at Trump and his talent booking troubles after the announcement. (Maybe Trump could book himself and his amazing accordion skills, now.) Enjoy some of the best!
— Dennis Jørgensen (@DennerHJ) January 16, 2017
— Matt (@MBK1226) January 16, 2017
— Putin's Stooge (@barney_cannon) January 16, 2017
— Captain Gentillesse (@VVdgst) January 16, 2017
— 400_pound_guy (@a_bed_in_Jersey) January 16, 2017
— The Snarky Alien (@SnarkyAlien) January 16, 2017
— Nijima (@NijimaSan) January 16, 2017
— Patrick Johnson (@PaddyJ1325) January 16, 2017
— Emile van Raaij (@emile_vr) January 16, 2017
— Jill (@JillChristinaWV) January 16, 2017
Featured image by Drew Angerer/Getty Images.
- It’s Official: Fox News and the GOP have merged into a single political media enterprise
- Ana Navarro to Trump: As Commander in Chief “you do not fight with the family of a dead soldier!”
- The Daily Caller actually thinks Ted Cruz won this argument – but really, he got Bern’d!
- Terrifying new poll shows most Republicans don’t support the 1st Amendment
- Internet rejoices as school honoring Confederate leader to be renamed for Barack Obama
- Experts, Mar-a-Lago visitors skeptical of White House claims about records