Melania Trump Honors Pearl Harbor Day by Not Knowing When it Took Place
First Lady Melania Trump Takes To Twitter On Pearl Harbor Day And Makes An Infamous Mistake
Today is a day that has certainly lived in infamy for many decades now. We remember the thousands lost during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. And most politicians will take the time to pay their respects today, including First Lady Melania Trump.
FLOTUS sent out a Tweet to thank the military and remember Pearl Harbor, along with a photo of her and husband Donald Trump saluting a wall with the names of the victims. She tweeted:
Today we honor Pearl Harbor Heroes. 11/7/1941 Thank you to all military for your courage and sacrifice!
Yes, we honor those killed on December…*squints, adjusts glasses*…November 7th, 1941?
The tweet has since been taken down. We nabbed a screen shot before it was deleted.
The error didn’t go unnoticed by folks on Twitter. Many had a little fun as this administration delved out yet another flub that should have been edited appropriately. Here are some screen shots of the funniest jabs.
The New York Daily News has compiled many of the errors issued by this White House, and the list is quite a bit longer than most would expect. It’s extremely hard to ignore the lack of attention to detail by the administration at this point, particularly when it comes to even more important things.
The First Lady has kept a relatively low profile while she works on her still a bit mysterious anti-bullying campaign. She still doesn’t seem to have gotten one of Twitter’s worst bullies under control. But grown children are hard to keep in line sometimes.
Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, even someone who speaks six languages. But this administration continues to be prone to making head-scratching flubs on so many things. One can’t help but wonder, if they are doing this with the brown M&Ms of running a government, what are they doing with the truly important stuff?
Featured image via Mark Wilson/Getty Images.
- Rupert Murdoch Slams Claims of Rampant Sexual Harrassment at Fox News As ‘Nonsense’
- Trump Preaches Respect for Law Enforcement, An Hour After Dissing FBI
- The Best People? Twitter Thrashes Trump’s Judicial Nominee for His Sheer, Shocking Incompetence
- Watch Paul Ryan Say The Most Idiotic, Sexist, Inherently Racist & Snobbish Thing Ever
- Watch The Corrupt AF FCC Chair Join Right Wing Misinfo Operative To Dance On Grave of Free Speech
- Ex-Trump Aide Omarosa Sounds Alarm: ‘I Was Very Uncomfortable With’ Events In Trump White House