Stephen Colbert Lampoons Ted Cruz’s Choice Of ‘Losing Mate’
Cruz Will Lose, Even With Fiorina At His Side
Ted Cruz recently announced that Carly Fiorina will be his running-mate, or as Stephen Colbert put it his “losing-mate” for the 2016 presidential race. Neither of these GOP hopefuls has much of a chance to win the oval office but their partnership might just lead to some entertaining television.
Cruz seems to be practicing his Shatner impression when he chokes out that he has”…come to the conclusion…that if I am nominated to be president of the united states…that i will run…on a ticket…with my v-v-vice presidential nominee Carly Fiorina.”
But it’s Fiorina’s response to her nomination that will haunt me in my dreams. A little over the two minute mark, Fiorina sings a song to the Cruz girls that is “like Disney gave the wicked-stepmother her own song”. But don’t take my word for it.
WATCH: Ted Cruz Announces His Losing Mate —The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- It’s Official: Fox News and the GOP have merged into a single political media enterprise
- Ana Navarro to Trump: As Commander in Chief “you do not fight with the family of a dead soldier!”
- The Daily Caller actually thinks Ted Cruz won this argument – but really, he got Bern’d!
- Terrifying new poll shows most Republicans don’t support the 1st Amendment
- Internet rejoices as school honoring Confederate leader to be renamed for Barack Obama
- Experts, Mar-a-Lago visitors skeptical of White House claims about records