Stephen Colbert Lampoons Ted Cruz’s Choice Of ‘Losing Mate’
Cruz Will Lose, Even With Fiorina At His Side
Ted Cruz recently announced that Carly Fiorina will be his running-mate, or as Stephen Colbert put it his “losing-mate” for the 2016 presidential race. Neither of these GOP hopefuls has much of a chance to win the oval office but their partnership might just lead to some entertaining television.
Cruz seems to be practicing his Shatner impression when he chokes out that he has”…come to the conclusion…that if I am nominated to be president of the united states…that i will run…on a ticket…with my v-v-vice presidential nominee Carly Fiorina.”
But it’s Fiorina’s response to her nomination that will haunt me in my dreams. A little over the two minute mark, Fiorina sings a song to the Cruz girls that is “like Disney gave the wicked-stepmother her own song”. But don’t take my word for it.
WATCH: Ted Cruz Announces His Losing Mate —The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
[brid video=”35692″ player=”5260″ title=”Ted Cruz Announces His Losing Mate”]
Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Trump: Peaceful Protesters ‘Shouldn’t Be In The Country’ (VIDEO)
- Progressive Victory in Georgia is Bad News for Republicans – Great Lesson for Democrats
- Breaking: Cohen Got Massive Secret Payoff to Connect Trump to Ukrainian President
- Paranoid Trump Loses His Marbles In Tweetstorm and the Internet Lets Him Have It
- City Braces for Worst: Arrest Video Showing NBA Rookie Brutalized by Police to be Released
- Here’s How Putin is Destroying Democracies Around the World – Including America
Cecilia B is an educator and professional bookworm from the suburbs of Houston, Texas with a keen eye for politics, cats and young adult literature.