That Time Donald Trump Apparently Thought WWE Wrestling Was Real (VIDEO)
WWE Star Triple H Claimed Donald Trump Was Concerned After Staged Explosion
Many stories and clips from the past of Republican Donald Trump surfaced during his campaign for the White House. Some were disgusting. Some were disturbing. Some were embarrassing. But none were as laugh out loud funny as what has come to light now. Apparently, there was a time when Donald Trump thought wrestling was real. Seriously.
In a clip from the Opie and Anthony Show from 2008, WWE star Triple H was comically asked about a specific and wild story line from the previous year. The end of the story line showed WWE CEO Vince McMahon getting into a limo that immediately explodes. In the clip, Triple H is asked how worried he was that Vince McMahon was dead. He takes it from there:
If I hadn’t seen them pre-tape it where he got in and out of the car…
What kills me is that so many people called. I mean the office the next day, like people, and I’m not kidding and they’ll probably be mad at me for saying it. But Trump called and was like, “Did something happen to Vince?”
Triple H is the son-in-law of Vince and Linda McMahon. The latter has been tapped by Donald Trump to run the Small Business Administration.
While it’s not entirely clear Triple H wasn’t just having a little fun at expense of Donald Trump, it certainly makes for a hilarious story. I’m sure we can all just imagine Trump in his golden digs wearing some pajamas and trying to inquire about being his favorite wrestler’s water boy.
The fun starts at the 2:33 mark in the clip. Enjoy!
Featured image by Bill Pugliano/Getty Images.
- Red State Republicans Using Unconstitutional Gambit to Kill Obamacare
- Parkland Shooting Student Protesters Turned Away From Senate Offices
- Deplorable ‘Disgrace’ Dinesh D’Souza Destroyed for Despicable Tweet Attacking Dead Kids’ Friends
- MUSIC REVIEW: Frank Turner Sees ‘1933’ Repeating Itself in 2018
- BREAKING: GOP Lawmakers Just Refused Even to Debate Gun Reform – as Massacre Survivors Wept
- After Teachers Die Saving Kids in Shooting, Republicans Move to Kill Their Unions