Would You Vote For Joe Biden in 2020? Reverb Press Readers Answer Our Poll
Vote in Our Reader Poll Below.
Vice President Joe Biden Flirts With 2020 Run For President
Joe Biden hasn’t been shy about a possible run for the presidency in 2020. This month, he joked with Stephen Colbert about a possible 2020 run, quipping that he’d be “in better shape” than Trump four years from now.
“I’m a great respecter of fate,” Biden said. “I don’t plan on running again, but to say you know what’s gonna happen in four years I just think is not rational.”
“I can’t see the circumstance in which I’d run, but what I’ve learned a long, long time ago, Stephen, is to never say never. You don’t know what’s going to happen. I mean, hell Donald Trump’s gonna be 74. I’ll be 77 and in better shape. I mean, what the hell?
. . . Yeah, I am. I am going to run, in 2020,”
Some have describe Biden as “America’s favorite uncle”, and he remains a popular cultural phenomenon beyond his political claim to fame. He is also one of the most progressive elected officials in the Obama White House; he was instrumental in the national legalization of same-sex marriage, he oversaw the economic stimulus package, and helped usher the Affordable Care Act into law.
Don’t Miss: These Joe Biden Memes Are Hilarious And Just What This Country Needs Right Now
Indeed, Biden’s progressive credentials are impressive and could, theoretically, propel him to victory on a strong opposition ticket in 2020. His work with the LGBT community, domestic abuse victims, mental health issues, poverty, and worker’s rights would form the progressive populist base needed to oust Trump and the GOP.
Vote In Our Reader Poll
Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images
- Amid Horrific Barcelona Terror Attack, Trump Tweets Bulls**t Anti-Muslim Fable
- Profiles in Cowardice: Republicans Are Refusing All Interview Requests to Defend Trump’s Bigotry
- Mayor, Hall of Fame NFL Coach Donate Own Money to Remove Confederate Statue
- That Time Donald Trump Destroyed Historic Statues and F**king Lied About It
- Articles of Impeachment Against Trump Coming Over Charlottesville
- Trump Just Triple Downed On Hate With Remarkably Insensitive Tweets About Confederate Statues