Pulling US Out of Paris Climate Accord Puts Trump on This Shortlist of Most Maniacal World Leaders
By Leaving the Paris Climate Agreement, the US Would Join Some Nefarious Company
Donald Trump continues to claim that he has not made a final decision about remaining in the landmark Paris Climate Agreement, but Axios is reporting that the president has already reached his conclusion. And if you care about the planet, your children or their children, it’s not the decision you were likely hoping for:
President Trump has made his decision to withdraw from the Paris climate accord, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the decision. Details on how the withdrawal will be executed are being worked out by a small team including EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. They’re deciding on whether to initiate a full, formal withdrawal — which could take 3 years — or exit the underlying United Nations climate change treaty, which would be faster but more extreme.
There’s no shortage of reasons why such a decision would be gravely irresponsible. But if you listened to what your mother likely taught you, you’ll find all the evidence you need: look at the company you keep.
There are only two nations on earth that are not part of the agreement: Syria and Nicaragua. Iran is all in. So is North Korea. The oil-rich Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? Committed. The kleptocracy of petroleum barons in Russia? Ditto.
Bashar, Daniel, and Don…
Take a quick glance at the sole holdouts from the Paris agreement and ask yourself if this is making America “great” again?
- Syria – the Middle Eastern nation state recently entered its seventh year of a brutal Civil War. The conflict has sparked a refugee crisis that has impacted nations across the globe. Syria’s recognized head of state, Bashar al-Assad, has used chemical weapons on his own people. Not so coincidentally, oil exports make up a quarter of the country’s revenue.
- Nicaragua – Led by the dictatorial Daniel Ortega, Nicaragua is a den of corruption and suppressed opposition. Despite the deceitful practices of the Ortega regime, however, Nicaragua’s objection to the Paris Agreement is that it doesn’t go far enough to save the planet’s long-term outlook.
The leadership of the nations against the accord speaks volumes about Trump’s vision and ideology. By wishing to exempt America from the agreement, the president is casting his lot with strongmen who have continually proven that self-preservation is their primary objective. In the developing world, you preserve with might. In the United States, you use money. This decision not only casts the future of our planet in doubt, it keeps the president in the good graces of the wealthy climate-denying community.
Does it make you proud to be an American, with ideological soulmates like Bashar al-Assad and Daniel Ortega?
- Congress Needs to Fund Community Health Centers Right Away – By Senator Elizabeth Warren
- A F**king Tank-Killing Bazooka Just Showed Up at a Police Gun Buy-Back. Seriously. (VIDEO)
- Rupert Murdoch Slams Claims of Rampant Sexual Harrassment at Fox News As ‘Nonsense’
- Trump Preaches Respect for Law Enforcement, An Hour After Dissing FBI
- The Best People? Twitter Thrashes Trump’s Judicial Nominee for His Sheer, Shocking Incompetence
- Watch Paul Ryan Say The Most Idiotic, Sexist, Inherently Racist & Snobbish Thing Ever