Former Trump National Security Adviser Flynn To Plead Guilty
Ex-National Security Adviser Becomes the Fourth Member of Trump Campaign Charged by Mueller
Donald Trump has appeared more disjointed and unhinged this week than usual on his favorite social media platform, and now we may know what he was trying to distract us from. Bloomberg is reporting that Trump’s former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is expected to plead guilty to charges that Flynn lied to the FBI.
From the report:
Michael Flynn, who was fired as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser after revelations that he lied about his communications with Russia’s ambassador, is expected to plead guilty Friday morning to lying to federal agents about the contact.
The charge against Flynn, 58, adds another prominent defendant to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Mueller has already secured indictments against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy, as well as a guilty plea from a junior foreign policy adviser.
The one-count indictment, which can be viewed here, says that Flynn “falsely stated” that:
He did not ask the Russian Ambassador to “refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions” imposed by the United States
He “did not ask the Russian Ambassador to delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council Resolution”.
This is a developing story.
- Rupert Murdoch Slams Claims of Rampant Sexual Harrassment at Fox News As ‘Nonsense’
- Trump Preaches Respect for Law Enforcement, An Hour After Dissing FBI
- The Best People? Twitter Thrashes Trump’s Judicial Nominee for His Sheer, Shocking Incompetence
- Watch Paul Ryan Say The Most Idiotic, Sexist, Inherently Racist & Snobbish Thing Ever
- Watch The Corrupt AF FCC Chair Join Right Wing Misinfo Operative To Dance On Grave of Free Speech
- Ex-Trump Aide Omarosa Sounds Alarm: ‘I Was Very Uncomfortable With’ Events In Trump White House