Former Trump National Security Adviser Flynn To Plead Guilty
Ex-National Security Adviser Becomes the Fourth Member of Trump Campaign Charged by Mueller
Donald Trump has appeared more disjointed and unhinged this week than usual on his favorite social media platform, and now we may know what he was trying to distract us from. Bloomberg is reporting that Trump’s former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is expected to plead guilty to charges that Flynn lied to the FBI.
From the report:
Michael Flynn, who was fired as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser after revelations that he lied about his communications with Russia’s ambassador, is expected to plead guilty Friday morning to lying to federal agents about the contact.
The charge against Flynn, 58, adds another prominent defendant to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Mueller has already secured indictments against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy, as well as a guilty plea from a junior foreign policy adviser.
The one-count indictment, which can be viewed here, says that Flynn “falsely stated” that:
He did not ask the Russian Ambassador to “refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions” imposed by the United States
He “did not ask the Russian Ambassador to delay the vote on or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council Resolution”.
This is a developing story.
- CNN Destroys Right Wing Lie About School Shooting Town Hall – Which Raises A Disturbing Question
- Watch Parkland Shooting Survivor Flatten Delusional Gun Nuts With Surprising Message
- Watch Republicans Boo CPAC Speaker — for Calling Out Sexual Abusers
- BREAKING: Here Is The Democratic Trump-Russia Memo Republicans Have Been Trying to Cover-Up
- Thanks Obama: CPAC Comms Director Said Something Super Racist, Blames You know Who
- More Companies Dump NRA Partnerships as Boycotts Gain Momentum