GOP Rep’s Zinger On Baltimore Protesters Is A Joke
Well, nothing like a little police brutality humor to help your re-election campaign.
Virginia State Delegate Hyland “Buddy” Fowler Jr. has a joke for the house! Well, he doesn’t anymore, since he deleted his virtual Chuckle Hut routine pretty quickly. But before he deleted it, “Buddy” shared a picture on his Facebook page featuring a police dog with the caption, “Go ahead and run. He likes fast food.” “Buddy”, yukster that he is, added his own caption, “I wonder if a few of these would help bring calm to Baltimore?”
“Buddy” deleted his burst of wit, but because nothing is ever deleted on the internet, this joke has been preserved evermore.
— Jessica Lee (@BusquedaJess) May 5, 2015
He’ll be here all week, folks. Tip your waitresses.
It’s a shame “Buddy” (or is it “Shecky”?) tried to scrub his wit from the public record! As Baltimore is just starting to maybe heal slightly, why not remind us all that we’re a mere fifty years removed from Bloody Sunday in Selma? Comedy is all about timing, and “Buddy’s” timing for his big joke couldn’t have been more perfect! Rim shot!
And deleting said joke rather than facing the music? Hey, if you know you’re going to bomb, put the mic down and duck under the table, right? Easier than facing the glare of the spotlight.
Hyland “Buddy” Fowler Jr., Master of Topical Humor, King of the Riot Joke, is in what I’m sure will be a tough re-election battle. But fear not! With a sense of humor and conviction such as his, what could possibly go wrong?
Since he deleted it right away, it’s not like his constituents are in on the joke.
Image Source: Twitter
- America’s Biggest Problem Isn’t Trump: It’s Trumpism – And That Can’t Be Impeached.
- Sarah Huckabee-Sanders Kicked Out of Restaurant – Uses White House Account for Revenge
- Shocking Study Shows Sparse Connection between Gun Deaths and Mental Health Care
- ‘Shame, Shame’ – Chanting Children, Clergy Occupy Senate to Close Trump’s ‘Baby Jails’
- Inside the Desperate Fight between Teachers and the Alt-Right Infestation of the Internet
- Immigrant Children Stripped, Tortured by ‘Malicious and Sadistic’ Racist Guards at Defacto Prison
Brian Westbye is a freelance writer with a passion for a great story. A failed corporate drone, he is feverishly penning op-ed, memoir, fiction and poetry, and working on his first book, a memoir ode to the Great American Road Trip and the Great American Midlife Crisis. World Domination will follow.