Heritage Foundation: Talk Gays Out Of Marriage By Flaunting Yours (VIDEO)
As the Republican Party devolves into a free-for-all of anger and hate-speech before our very eyes, it’s easy to forget how insidious the patient condescension from “reasonable” social conservatives can sound. From “crisis pregnancy centers” attempting to dissuade young women from having abortions to the abused Christian imperative to “hate the sin but love the sinner,” an entire generation of Christophiles are adept at hiding their fear, repression, and ignorance under the banner of unconditional love, with conditions.
Ryan Anderson, a fellow at the Heritage Foundation, provides an example in a speech to the Right to Life convention in Cleveland, Ohio. If only his fellow conservatives would show a little compassion to “same-sex attracted” individuals (is it too icky to call them gay?), they might decide they don’t want to violate the biblical sanctity of marriage after all.
“There’s a universal human desire for friendship, for companionship,” Anderson told the audience. “We all have a need for relationships that matter.”
“So when Thanksgiving comes around, when Christmas comes around, are you inviting a same-sex attracted colleague or friend or member of your church who isn’t married and doesn’t have a family of his or her own, are you inviting them into your family to share Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner? Are you having them be big brother or big sister, godfather or godmother to your children if they’re not going to be married and have children of their own? Are there ways in which we can show that there are other forms of community that matter, that are important, that are meaningful, without having to redefine marriage?”
You heard it from the fellow at academia’s designated inside-joke: invite a gay person over for Thanksgiving dinner, and that wholesome Christian fellowship might just convince them to trade the glitter and sequin for a bible and pocket-constitution.
Watch: Ryan Anderson Speaks About Gay Marriage at the Cleveland Right To Life Convention
Featured image a screen grab via YouTube.
- BREAKING: Top Alabama GOP Senator Turns on Trump: ‘I Couldn’t Vote for Roy Moore’
- BOMBSHELL: Facebook Fake News “Fact-Checker” is Dubious, Highly Biased Conservative Site
- Trump Says He ‘Admired’ MLK Hours After Touting Man Who Longs For Slave Days, Internet Rages
- Obama Warns of Trump’s N*zis, so Hannity Comes up with the Most Backward Conspiracy Theory Ever
- Trump’s BS Tax Scam Will Give So Much Of Your Money To Billionaires You’ll Blow A F*cking Gasket
- GOP Rep. Pops-Off Jaw Dropping Racist Tweet – Is Promptly Destroyed By Fmr. Gov’t Ethics Boss