Watch Trump’s Former Campaign Manager Manafort arrested by the FBI
Paul Manafort, the former manager of President Donald Trump’s campaign, has turned himself in to the FBI. Manafort, who took over after predecessor Corey Lewandowski manhandled a female reporter, was replaced himself by “alternative facts” guru Kellyanne Conway after news of his shady connections to Russia broke.
Manafort was arrested after a 12 count indictment by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who was given the job of investigating allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 Presidential election on behalf of the Trump campaign, after Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, who had been leading the investigation. President Trump later admitted he fired Comey to stall the Russia investigation, which the President characterizes as a “witch hunt“.
Among the charges against Manafort were lying to authorities about the nature of his work on behalf of a foreign entity, and money laundering. The charges stem from prior Russia connected work Manafort and his business partner Rick Gates, who was also indicted, did in the Ukraine as advisers to a Pro-Russia political party.
The indictment alleges that Manafort and Gates ran more than $75 million dollars through an assortment of offshore accounts, and laundering approximately $18 million, and financing a “lavish lifestyle” in the United States, spending millions on real estate.
Watch Trump’s former Campaign Manager taken into custody:
Featured image by Elsa/Getty Images.
- 10 Reasons Why Trump’s “Fake News Awards” Are Complete Horsesh*t
- Furious Trump Throws Tantrum Over WH Chief of Staff Treating Him Like ‘a Child’
- God Says Obama – Not Trump – is the Real Traitor, Self Proclaimed ‘Prophet’ Declares
- Of Course Sessions Manipulated Data to Support Trump Travel Ban
- What the Frack? Dakota Pipeline Backers Spending Big at Trump Hotels
- Pelosi Demands Democrats Stand Firm in Face of Shutdown Threats