2nd Alleged Wife Beater Resigns from Trump White House
David Sorenson, a White House speechwriter who had worked closely with controversial White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, has resigned under pressure from revelations that The Washington Post was working on a story about accusations of physical abuse of his ex-wife.
In a statement released Friday night, White House spokesman Raj Shah said, “We immediately confronted the staffer, he denied the allegations and he resigned today.”
The resignation comes two days after the resignation of Rob Porter for alleged physical abuse of his previous two wives and a girlfriend, amid questions of why he stayed in his position so long when Porter’s former spouses had informed the FBI months earlier.
In a statement, Mr. Sorensen insisted he had “never committed violence of any kind against any woman in my entire life.”
“In fact,” Sorensen said, “I was the victim of repeated physical violence during our marriage, not her.”
- Teachers in This Red State Just Shut Down All The Schools
- Breaking: School’s Cowardly ‘Good Guy With a Gun’ Did NOTHING as ‘Bad Guy With a Gun’ Murdered Kids
- Kimmel Ruthlessly Rips Don. Trump Jr. and ‘Scumbags’ Spreading Shooting Conspiracy Theories
- Fascist ex-Trump Aide Caught On Camera Threatening Heroic Reporter – Gets Owned (VIDEO)
- Blood Soaked NRA, Trump Stoke Fear in Wake of Valentine’s Massacre
- Here is the Full, Raw, Remarkable CNN ‘Stand Up’ Town Hall Video Everyone is Talking About