Chris Christie Hits Embarrassing Polling Mark During Final Year in Office
New Poll Shows Republican Chris Christie Is Least Popular Governor In Decades
New Jersey Governor and former Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie has seen some extremely bad poll numbers during his final year in office. But a new poll from Quinnipiac University noted a staggeringly bad number that even notoriously unpopular Republican President George W. Bush never saw: a 15 percent approval rating.
And if the abysmal rating wasn’t bad enough, Quinnipiac also pointed out it was the worst they had seen for any governor in the United States in more than two decades.
Christie makes history again as New Jersey voters disapprove 81 – 15 percent of the job he is doing, the worst approval rating for any governor in any state surveyed by Quinnipiac University in more than 20 years. Even Republicans disapprove 58 – 31 percent.
Suffice it to say, Christie’s unpopularity is probably having quite an effect on the polling for the governor’s race showing Democrat Phil Murphy with a nearly 30 point lead on Republican Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno. Murphy leads in the Quinnipiac poll with a 55 to 26 percent advantage. The Democrat has picked up five points since the same poll was released in early May.
Christie’s close association with President Donald Trump has likely done him no favors in terms of polling as Trump recently hit a new high in disapproval. The loyalty to the president by Christie was rewarded as he has been tapped by Trump to oversee a commission dealing with drug addiction and the exploding opioid crisis. This announcement came around the same time two of Christie’s aides were sentenced to prison for their roles in the now infamous “Bridgegate” scandal.
Featured image via Joe Raedle/Getty Images.
- ‘March for Our Lives’ Protesters Picked the Perfect Place to Pile Their Signs
- New Poll Confirms Overwhelming Majority of Americans are Fighting for Gun Control
- Swing State Chief Justice Slams GOP’s Fascist Vote Rigging, Court Fixing Scheme
- Trump’s New National Security Advisor Is a Chickenhawk Sociopath That You Should Be Scared Of
- Watch Veterans Stand Up to NRA, Stand Up For Shooting Victims in Moving Video
- A Shocking Number of Americans Think Trump Is A Good Role Model For Children