Chris Christie Hits Embarrassing Polling Mark During Final Year in Office
New Poll Shows Republican Chris Christie Is Least Popular Governor In Decades
New Jersey Governor and former Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie has seen some extremely bad poll numbers during his final year in office. But a new poll from Quinnipiac University noted a staggeringly bad number that even notoriously unpopular Republican President George W. Bush never saw: a 15 percent approval rating.
And if the abysmal rating wasn’t bad enough, Quinnipiac also pointed out it was the worst they had seen for any governor in the United States in more than two decades.
Christie makes history again as New Jersey voters disapprove 81 – 15 percent of the job he is doing, the worst approval rating for any governor in any state surveyed by Quinnipiac University in more than 20 years. Even Republicans disapprove 58 – 31 percent.
Suffice it to say, Christie’s unpopularity is probably having quite an effect on the polling for the governor’s race showing Democrat Phil Murphy with a nearly 30 point lead on Republican Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno. Murphy leads in the Quinnipiac poll with a 55 to 26 percent advantage. The Democrat has picked up five points since the same poll was released in early May.
Christie’s close association with President Donald Trump has likely done him no favors in terms of polling as Trump recently hit a new high in disapproval. The loyalty to the president by Christie was rewarded as he has been tapped by Trump to oversee a commission dealing with drug addiction and the exploding opioid crisis. This announcement came around the same time two of Christie’s aides were sentenced to prison for their roles in the now infamous “Bridgegate” scandal.
Featured image via Joe Raedle/Getty Images.
- Fox News ‘Reporter’ Exalts White Supremacist Killer in Charlottesville as a ‘Vigilante’ (VIDEO)
- Trump’s DOJ Battles Web Host For Private Information On 1.3 Million Resistance Members
- Trump Calls White Supremacists ‘Fine People’, Says ‘Alt-Left’ Shares Blame for Charlottesville
- This World War II Vet Has a Chilling Warning about Trump and the Charlottesville N*zi Terrorists
- Take That, Trump: Obama’s Post-Charlottesville Tweet 2nd Most Liked in Twitter History
- Funnyman Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious, Slams ‘Shameful’ Trump After Charlottesville N*zi Attack