No, Donald Trump Did Not Create 5,000 Sprint Jobs – He’s Lying, And Here’s The Proof
Donald Trump Had Nothing To Do With Sprint Jobs
President-elect Donald Trump is once again trying to make you believe that he is boosting the economy and creating jobs.
Spoiler alert: He’s not.
And so when he announced Wednesday that he had managed to keep 5,000 jobs from Sprint, his claim was met with skepticism. And rightfully so, since it turns out that, yes, Donald Trump is again lying about creating jobs in an economy that he has never touched.
On Wednesday, Trump made the bizarre announcement to reporters outside his Mar-a-Lago resort.
“Because of what’s happening and the spirit and the hope I was just called by the head people at Sprint and they’re going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States. Masa and some other people were very much involved with that.”
But according to a spokeswoman for Sprint, that simply is not true.
“This is part of the 50,000 jobs that Masa previously announced,” she explained. “This total will be a combination of newly created jobs and bringing some existing jobs back to the U.S.”
Sprint Jobs Announced Back In October
In fact, The Wall Street Journal reported on the expansion of Sprint jobs back in October.
Of course, Trump disputes the fact that the jobs were announced before the election took place. He had absolutely nothing to do with their creation.
“I just spoke with the head person. He said because of me they’re doing 5,000 jobs in this country,” he said, and then referred reporters to his spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, for details. However, Hicks didn’t respond to any requests for further comments. Likewise, Sprint didn’t respond to follow-up questions from reporters.
Once again, Donald Trump is attempting to take credit for something he had nothing to do with. And that’s the real news.
Drew Angerer/Getty Images
- BREAKING: Kentucky Republican Under Investigation for Molestation Commits Suicide
- Breaking: Panicked Republicans Reach Deal To Ram Tax Scam Ripoff Down America’s Throat
- Fox News Completely Loses its S**t Over Roy Moore Loss, Declares War on Trump Confidant
- USA Today Absolutely Destroys Donald Trump in Scathing Op-Ed
- Insiders: Trump Furious as Calls to Investigate POTUS Sexual Harassment Claims Reach Fever Pitch
- Gillibrand, Warren Issue Scathing Rebukes of Trump’s Sickeningly Sexist Attack