How The F*ck Can Fox News Report On Trump With These 13 Glaring Conflicts
When Donald Trump was running for president he insisted that he knew “all the best people.” He promised that his administration would benefit from his connections in the business community. He argued that the typical government bureaucrats were failing and that fresh blood was needed. So how is that working out?
Trump’s Team of Deplorables
To date, Trump’s appointees have been decidedly unimpressive. Almost none of them have experience in the fields for which they have been nominated. What’s more, they are firmly rooted in the same governmental swamp that he said he would drain. Politicians and billionaires are quickly filling up his cabinet and advisory slots. But there’s something even more troubling that many of his candidates have in common.
Fox News had a singular role in manufacturing the Trump candidacy. They gave him more airtime than any other candidate and broadcast his stump speeches for hours without interruption. And now they are supplying him with a roster of personal to take prominent positions in his administration. Here are the Fox News candidates for Trump’s White House (so far). All of them have been on the Fox payroll:
The Fox News Presidency
- K.T. McFarland: She has already been named as a Deputy National Security Advisor.
- Ben Carson: He is reported to have been offered the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- John Bolton: He is up for Secretary of State, although he is lately being eclipsed by Mitt Romney. And you can throw Fox’s Newt Gingrich into this stew as well.
- Sarah Palin: If you can believe it, she is in line for Secretary of the Interior.
- Laura Ingraham: This media-hating pundit could be Trump’s next press secretary.
- Monica Crowley: (See Laura Ingraham).
- Mike Huckabee: This former Fox host is being considered for Commerce Secretary.
- Scott Brown: After losing senate races twice he is now looking at the Veterans Administration.
- Pete Hegseth: This Koch brothers cohort is also rumored for VA head.
- Anthony Scaramucci: He is a Wall Street fund manager who is already on Trump’s Presidential Transition Team Executive Committee.
- Eric Bolling: Currently a c co-host of The Five, he is said to be under consideration for something at Commerce.
- Donald Trump: That’s right. Trump himself had a recurring role on Fox & Friends for years with his “Mondays With Trump” segment.
With so many of their own personal potentially joining the Trump administration, how can the network fairly cover him? OK, that’s a dumb question. They have never fairly covered him. But still, they would now be in the position of having to critically assess the performance of their own former employees. These are people with whom they have long standing relationships and affinity. They are also people who are likely to return to the network at some point in the future. That fact alone could impact the behavior of both Fox and their alumni. Some have already left Fox and returned when they had brief political conflicts (Carson, Gingrich, and Brown).
Never fear. Fox will find a way to cope with this burden. However, that will probably be to continue their mission as Propaganda Ministry for the Republican Party. Only now Fox will be an official arm of the White House under Trump. They will be America’s Pravda serving the interests of a megalomaniac and his team of apple polishers.
Featured image from Fox News promo.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Republican Under Investigation for Molestation Commits Suicide
- Breaking: Panicked Republicans Reach Deal To Ram Tax Scam Ripoff Down America’s Throat
- Fox News Completely Loses its S**t Over Roy Moore Loss, Declares War on Trump Confidant
- USA Today Absolutely Destroys Donald Trump in Scathing Op-Ed
- Insiders: Trump Furious as Calls to Investigate POTUS Sexual Harassment Claims Reach Fever Pitch
- Gillibrand, Warren Issue Scathing Rebukes of Trump’s Sickeningly Sexist Attack