NEWSFLASH: ‘Gun Rights’ Hearing postponed as DC Deals With Assassination Attempt
NRA strangely silent on the shooting
A ‘gun rights’ hearing scheduled for this morning on Capitol Hill has been cancelled as Washington reels from news this morning of an assassination attempt on Congressional Republicans. The hearing, scheduled to be heard by the House Committee on Natural Resources was about expanding Federal land use for hunters as well as deregulating the sale of assassin tools such as silencers. Lawmakers and aides practicing for the Congressional baseball game at a YMCA in Suburban Alexandria,VA came under attack when a gunman opened fire. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise has been shot along with 4 other people. Molly Block, press secretary for the committee, said most business on Capitol Hill has come to a halt.
“Members are advised that, given today’s events, no votes are expected in the House today. Under the advisement of congressional leadership, committee hearings are to be delayed. Members of the Natural Resources Committee were also present at the shooting. As additional information is gathered, our thoughts and prayers are with all those involved.”
Committee Chair Representative Jeff Duncan was also at the practice at the time of the shooting but, according to staffers is reportedly uninjured. President Trump through The White House website issued a statement on the shooting.
“The Vice President and I are aware of the shooting incident in Virginia and are monitoring developments closely. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of Congress, their staffs, Capitol Police, first responders, and all others affected.”
Strangely silent are the NRA’s social media outlets. The NRA Facebook page continues to rehash a May 9th video of a speech by NRA president Wayne LaPierre while their Twitter feed is 18 hours old. Neither one has said word one about the travesty near Washington DC today.
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
- McConnell Tries Trolling Dems on Health Care, Internet Unleashes the Fury
- Fox News – Yes, Fox News – Says Trump is a Divisive Failure Looking for Distractions (VIDEO)
- North Korea? NFL? Oh Wait – Russia Probes Are ‘Closing In’ on Donald Trump (VIDEO)
- Watch Wheelchair Bound Protesters Forcibly Removed From Trumpcare Hearing, As GOP Senators Flee
- Puerto Rico Begs for Hurricane Help as Trump Fixates on Race Baiting and Russia Diversions
- Trump Stabs Base in the Back, Promises ‘Largest Tax Cut in the History of our Country’ to 1%