Santas Under Attack – Literally – In The Birthplace Of Jesus (VIDEO)
Santa Clauses VS The Israel Defence Forces? Bloody Merry Christmas In The Holy Land
In a bizarre scene of humorous defiance, the IDF and Santa outfit clad protesters clashed near the (little) town of Bethlehem on Friday.
As all hell broke loose and tear gas canisters flew, Santas defied attempts by the IDF to squash their protest, according to the Telegraph.
“Several dozen protesters, chanting slogans and carrying signs, approached Israel’s West Bank separation barrier when forces fired tear gas in an attempt to disperse them. Protesters and forces also scuffled near the barrier.”
The festive protesters are upset that Palestinians require permits to visit holy sites in the disputed city of Jerusalem, as the Daily Mail reports. One of the protesters, Fareed al Atrash explains what protesters are demanding.
“We are here today in order to reach Jerusalem for religious rituals. We want to reach the Palestinian capital Jerusalem and we want to say that this land is a Palestinian land and it is our right to reach our lands.”
[contentblock id=7 img=gcb.png]
The protests came on the same day that the United Nations condemned Israel’s building of settlements in the West Bank, which was historical because of what the US didn’t do this time around. It abstained from voting, thus not blocking the UN resolution, as Slate reports.
“For the first time in 36 years, the United Nations Security Council was able to pass a resolution that criticized Israeli settlements after President Obama’s administration broke long-standing tradition and didn’t veto the measure. The United States abstained on the resolution Friday that demands an end to Israeli settlements and calls them a “flagrant violation” of international law, which was approved 14-0 by the 15-member Council.”
Tensions in the Middle East don’t take time off for any holiday.
Feature image by Ilia Yefimovich/Getty Images
- It’s Official: Fox News and the GOP have merged into a single political media enterprise
- Ana Navarro to Trump: As Commander in Chief “you do not fight with the family of a dead soldier!”
- The Daily Caller actually thinks Ted Cruz won this argument – but really, he got Bern’d!
- Terrifying new poll shows most Republicans don’t support the 1st Amendment
- Internet rejoices as school honoring Confederate leader to be renamed for Barack Obama
- Experts, Mar-a-Lago visitors skeptical of White House claims about records