Santas Under Attack – Literally – In The Birthplace Of Jesus (VIDEO)
Santa Clauses VS The Israel Defence Forces? Bloody Merry Christmas In The Holy Land
In a bizarre scene of humorous defiance, the IDF and Santa outfit clad protesters clashed near the (little) town of Bethlehem on Friday.
As all hell broke loose and tear gas canisters flew, Santas defied attempts by the IDF to squash their protest, according to the Telegraph.
“Several dozen protesters, chanting slogans and carrying signs, approached Israel’s West Bank separation barrier when forces fired tear gas in an attempt to disperse them. Protesters and forces also scuffled near the barrier.”
The festive protesters are upset that Palestinians require permits to visit holy sites in the disputed city of Jerusalem, as the Daily Mail reports. One of the protesters, Fareed al Atrash explains what protesters are demanding.
“We are here today in order to reach Jerusalem for religious rituals. We want to reach the Palestinian capital Jerusalem and we want to say that this land is a Palestinian land and it is our right to reach our lands.”
[contentblock id=7 img=gcb.png]
The protests came on the same day that the United Nations condemned Israel’s building of settlements in the West Bank, which was historical because of what the US didn’t do this time around. It abstained from voting, thus not blocking the UN resolution, as Slate reports.
“For the first time in 36 years, the United Nations Security Council was able to pass a resolution that criticized Israeli settlements after President Obama’s administration broke long-standing tradition and didn’t veto the measure. The United States abstained on the resolution Friday that demands an end to Israeli settlements and calls them a “flagrant violation” of international law, which was approved 14-0 by the 15-member Council.”
Tensions in the Middle East don’t take time off for any holiday.
Feature image by Ilia Yefimovich/Getty Images
- BREAKING: Top Alabama GOP Senator Turns on Trump: ‘I Couldn’t Vote for Roy Moore’
- BOMBSHELL: Facebook Fake News “Fact-Checker” is Dubious, Highly Biased Conservative Site
- Trump Says He ‘Admired’ MLK Hours After Touting Man Who Longs For Slave Days, Internet Rages
- Obama Warns of Trump’s N*zis, so Hannity Comes up with the Most Backward Conspiracy Theory Ever
- Trump’s BS Tax Scam Will Give So Much Of Your Money To Billionaires You’ll Blow A F*cking Gasket
- GOP Rep. Pops-Off Jaw Dropping Racist Tweet – Is Promptly Destroyed By Fmr. Gov’t Ethics Boss