Major Department of Justice Resignation Endangers Mueller’s Trump-Russia Probe
Late on Friday it was announced that the number 3 person at the Department of Justice, Rachel Brand, will be stepping down from her post after only 9 months on the job. Brand has become a subject of significant interest in recent months, as she is, or rather was, next in line in overseeing the work of special counsel Robert Mueller.
Mueller is currently reporting to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, since Attorney General Jeff Sessions has recused himself from the Russia investigation after he was caught lying to Congress about his contacts with Russian officials during the presidential campaign.
If Trump were to fire Rosenstein, it would put him in the position to essentially hand pick the next person charged with overseeing the work of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, creating yet another unprecedented conflict of interest that has come to characterize virtually every aspect of this presidency.
Watch our Washington DC Correspondent Rio Tazewell Explain it:
Can’t see the video? Click here.
Featured image by Alex Wong/Getty Images.
- Teachers in This Red State Just Shut Down All The Schools
- Breaking: School’s Cowardly ‘Good Guy With a Gun’ Did NOTHING as ‘Bad Guy With a Gun’ Murdered Kids
- Kimmel Ruthlessly Rips Don. Trump Jr. and ‘Scumbags’ Spreading Shooting Conspiracy Theories
- Fascist ex-Trump Aide Caught On Camera Threatening Heroic Reporter – Gets Owned (VIDEO)
- Blood Soaked NRA, Trump Stoke Fear in Wake of Valentine’s Massacre
- Here is the Full, Raw, Remarkable CNN ‘Stand Up’ Town Hall Video Everyone is Talking About