Man Who Punched Innocent Woman in Viral Video to Face Justice
Updating The Mathew De Leon Story
A 23-year-old man has been charged with punching a female security guard, in an attack caught on surveillance video in the River North neighborhood.
Matthew De Leon, of the Portage Park neighborhood, was charged with aggravated battery causing great bodily harm, aggravated battery in a public place, and aggravated battery to a peace officer, Chicago police said.
Dawn Valenti, crisis responder, and representative of De Leon gave his side of the story outside of the police station where De Leon turned himself over to police custody:
He is so remorseful. He’s very remorseful. I mean, when I got out of the car and he approached me, his body language told me how remorseful, how sorry he was. He knew he did something he shouldn’t have done, under the influence of alcohol. He wasn’t in his right mind. He hit a woman, which he doesn’t do. He doesn’t have a background. He’s never been arrested. I mean, he’s an all-around good guy. He made a very wrong decision under the influence of alcohol.
Later in the week Matthew De Leon was released on $250,000 bail, according to the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. Reports have also stated that De Leon is an active duty member of the military.
Zoa Stigler Responds To The Apology
According to reports, Stigler was unmoved by the apology, noting Matthew De Leon’s three companions (2 women, 1 man) that night did nothing to help her after she was assaulted:
He hit me, and he walked away confidently. You can’t be too sorry, because you walked away. You never know if this could happen again. I was always a loner, but now I really just want to be left alone.
The GoFund Me Campaign For Zoa Stigler’s Medical Bills Is Still Ongoing Click Here
Photo via twitter
- Trump: This Thanksgiving, Give Thanks for Me, Me, ME!
- 8 Conservative Values Republicans Can No Longer Claim After Falling In Line Behind Trump
- Complaint Filed Against Kellyanne Conway For Illegal Election Meddling – And There’s Video Proof
- Watch Responsible Gun Owner Smash Own AR-15 to Bits to Protest Assault Weapons (VIDEO)
- Twitter Erupts When Fox News Host Excoriates Trump for Demanding ‘Groveling’, Petty Attacks
- Watch Fed Up Fox News Host Utterly Eviscerate Trump: You ‘Don’t Even Border on Being Human’