Marco Rubio Just Grilled Tillerson About Putin, His Chilling Reply Speaks Volumes
On December 12th of last year, Trump shocked the public when he announced that former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson would be his pick for Secretary of State. Having an oil tycoon serve as the highest diplomat in the country was rightfully perceived as a strange decision.
However, what made Tillerson even more controversial was his revealed connections and sympathies to the Russian Government. He previously worked with Putin and Russian gas company Rosneft to create an Arctic drilling agreement, and has repeatedly opposed the international sanctions against Russia.
During the Senate confirmation hearing on Tillerson, Republican senator Marco Rubio proved to be a surprising ally to the American people by harshly attacking Tillerson for his apologetic attitude towards Putin. Rubio did this by asking the businessman a simple question: whether Putin was to be considered a war criminal or not.
But Tillerson did not see it that way, using typical apologetic arguments to defend the Prime Minister, which in turn infuriated Rubio. Check it out below.
It should be noted Rubio had previously gained some respect from leftists for being one of the few Republicans willing to call out Trump on his erratic behavior, before ultimately selling out and endorsing him during the primary. This confirmation hearing is a sign that perhaps he still retains some degree of sanity.
Marco Rubio: “Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?”
— CNN (@CNN) January 11, 2017
(Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
- Rupert Murdoch Slams Claims of Rampant Sexual Harrassment at Fox News As ‘Nonsense’
- Trump Preaches Respect for Law Enforcement, An Hour After Dissing FBI
- The Best People? Twitter Thrashes Trump’s Judicial Nominee for His Sheer, Shocking Incompetence
- Watch Paul Ryan Say The Most Idiotic, Sexist, Inherently Racist & Snobbish Thing Ever
- Watch The Corrupt AF FCC Chair Join Right Wing Misinfo Operative To Dance On Grave of Free Speech
- Ex-Trump Aide Omarosa Sounds Alarm: ‘I Was Very Uncomfortable With’ Events In Trump White House