British Parliament Slams Trump’s Twitter Use: Delete Your Account (VIDEO)
Special Relationship Be Damned, Parliament Has Seen Enough of Trump on Twitter
Remember those precious few minutes in early November when Donald Trump’s account was accidentally deleted from twitter? If members of the British Parliament had their way, the world would go back to that temporary serenity for good. In response to the president’s Wednesday morning tweetstorm, where he retweeted a series of Islamaphobic videos from the extremist Britain First Party — which were at least partially “fake news” — the Palace of Westminster sent the embattled president a clear message: Delete Your Account.
In a feed provided by NBC News’ Facebook page, Member of Parliament Peter Bone, a Conservative Party representative of Wellingborough addressed the House of Commons about Trump’s misuse of social media, saying:
One of the advantages of having such a special relationship with the United States, is when a friend tells you you’ve done something dreadfully wrong, you tend to listen. And wouldn’t the world be a better place if the Prime Minister could persuade the president of the United States to delete his twitter account?
Bone’s statement was followed by short remarks from British Home Secretary Amber Rudd, who added:
We all listen more carefully perhaps to criticism from our friends than from people who don’t have a relationship with. So I hope that the Prime Minister’s comments will have some impact on the president. And it’s interesting to note my honorable friend’s advice regarding twitter accounts. I’m sure many of us might share his view.
Of course, we’re not quite sure if Trump is more inclined to listen to British Prime Minister Theresa May, or random, private accounts with six followers named Theresa May.
Watch the excerpt from Parliament here:
- A F**king Tank-Killing Bazooka Just Showed Up at a Police Gun Buy-Back. Seriously. (VIDEO)
- Rupert Murdoch Slams Claims of Rampant Sexual Harrassment at Fox News As ‘Nonsense’
- Trump Preaches Respect for Law Enforcement, An Hour After Dissing FBI
- The Best People? Twitter Thrashes Trump’s Judicial Nominee for His Sheer, Shocking Incompetence
- Watch Paul Ryan Say The Most Idiotic, Sexist, Inherently Racist & Snobbish Thing Ever
- Watch The Corrupt AF FCC Chair Join Right Wing Misinfo Operative To Dance On Grave of Free Speech