Republicans Pass Senate Resolution To Move In For The Kill On Obamacare… & Millions Of Americans
The Affordable Care Act or “Obamacare” has been a source of scorn from the Republican Party despite it having very conservative roots. It was developed by the right-wing think tank the Heritage Foundation during the early 90s and championed by Bob Dole as a Republican plan for healthcare.
When the Democrats embraced it, the obstructionist GOP had to move to block it in any way they could, from the many attempts at repealing it to governors fighting against its integration into their state. Despite this resistance, the Affordable Care Act has been a success, with millions of Americans insured.
Now that the Republicans control all three branches of government, there has been massive concern regarding whether or not the healthcare law will be removed. Well, those concerns can officially be turned to fear as the Senate passed a resolution moving to defund Obamacare.
At a close 51-48 vote, the Republicans barely won. Speaking on the matter, Senator Mike Enzy (Wyoming-R) justified the decision as a way of empowering the health insurance companies:
“Today, we take the first steps to repair the nation’s broken health care system, removing Washington from the equation and putting control back where it belongs: with patients, their families, and their doctors.”
The budget resolution will result in all subsidies being removed and close to 30 million Americans losing their insurance. The silver lining to all this is most of the citizens who will be left uninsured are in red states, meaning Republicans will once again be harming their voter base in trying to hurt the Democrats.
(Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
- Kanye West Delivers Bizarre Rambling Rant During Trump Visit | Reverb TV
- What do Julius Caesar and Trump Have in Common? Both Embraced Immunity From Prosecution
- “His Policies are Working” – Republican Rep. Praises Trump for Rising Healthcare Costs
- Need Help Preparing for the Midterms? These Resources and Questions Will Help You
- Trump’s America: Black Man Stalked, Reported to Police for Babysitting White Kids
- A Nobel Winning Scientist Proved There is No Conflict Between the Economy and the Environment