Rep. Adam Schiff & Bill Maher Remind Us What the Russians REALLY Want to Destroy (VIDEO)
Rep. Adam Schiff Appears on Real Time with Bill Maher
Representative Adam Schiff has become the leading voice in the constant battle for truth in the era of Trump. And during a recent interview with Bill Maher, the two went in-depth, covering what is so very wrong with the current administration – and what is also so very wrong with coverage from other media outlets, such as Fox News.
Those outlets, as Maher pointed out, seem to focus on wrapping this whole Russian thing up, as if it’s a pesky little bump in the road of a successful presidency…and not what very well may be the biggest political scandal in the history of the United States. “There is no there there,” Maher says is their entire argument, to which Schiff replied that if there wasn’t a “there there,” James Comey would still have his job.
The entire interview between Schiff and Maher is worth watching. But perhaps the most important – and sobering – exchange comes within the first few minutes, when the two begin to discuss the difference between democracy and authoritarianism. Schiff reminds us that the Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election wasn’t an isolated incident. Putin-led Russia has tried to meddle with several elections, trying to substitute authoritarianism for democracy.
It wasn’t about helping Donald Trump, Schiff explains. And it wasn’t about hurting Hillary Clinton, either.
It was about destroying democracy.
Watch the exchange below.
- Shocking Study Shows Sparse Connection between Gun Deaths and Mental Health Care
- ‘Shame, Shame’ – Chanting Children, Clergy Occupy Senate to Close Trump’s ‘Baby Jails’
- Inside the Desperate Fight between Teachers and the Alt-Right Infestation of the Internet
- Immigrant Children Stripped, Tortured by ‘Malicious and Sadistic’ Racist Guards at Defacto Prison
- ‘Trust in our God’ – Trump and the War of Christian Ideas
- Trump’s Sec. of State Ripped for ‘Tone Deaf’ World Refugee Day Statement – Twitter Furious
Samantha was born and raised in the Midwest and is proof that liberals exist everywhere, even in Missouri.