Shooting Outside National Security Agency
Suspect Wounded At Gate of NSA
The Associated Press is reporting that a shooting took place outside of the National Security Agency campus in Fort Meade, Maryland this morning. According to their report of the incident:
Images from local news outlets showed authorities surrounding two handcuffed people after a black SUV ran into a barrier outside the Maryland base. Fort Meade garrison spokeswoman Cheryl Phillips confirmed that one person was wounded in the shooting and was taken to a nearby hospital.
Additionally, Fox 5 New York streamed live video of the aftermath on their facebook page:
The AP added that President Trump has been briefed on the incident and the Federal Bureau of Investigation is sending people to the campus. Highway closings due to the shooting have caused major traffic delays in the region.
The NSA says the situation is under control:
NSA Police and local law enforcement are addressing an incident that took place this morning at one of NSA's secure vehicle entry gates. The situation is under control and there is no ongoing security or safety threat.
— NSA/CSS (@NSAGov) February 14, 2018
This is a developing story
- Democrats Could Flip This Red State to Blue — Thanks to This New Progressive All Star
- Rape, Death Threats, Beatings – New Report Alleges ‘Systemic’ Abuse by CBP of Immigrant Children
- WH Site Crashes in Rush to Buy Newly Minted Coin Commemorating Trump’s Epic NK Fail
- Trump: Peaceful Protesters ‘Shouldn’t Be In The Country’ (VIDEO)
- Progressive Victory in Georgia is Bad News for Republicans – Great Lesson for Democrats
- Breaking: Cohen Got Massive Secret Payoff to Connect Trump to Ukrainian President
Ed Hanratty is a Reverb Press contributor and freelance political journalist. A lifelong New Jerseyan, he prides himself on having just enough Garden State sarcasm and skepticism to keep his bleeding heart in check. Keep up with Ed’s work and random ramblings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the links below…but not Snapchat — that’s where he’s decided to draw the social media line. (For Now)