Washington Post Creates Bulls**t Detector for Trump’s Fake Tweets
I think it’s safe to say that 2016 has been a year of firsts. In June the United Kingdom became the first country to vote to leave the European Union. In November Donald Trump became the first reality television star to be elected President of the United States and with just over a month until the aforementioned president-elect’s inauguration takes place, the Washington Post has created a tool that if installed will automatically fact-check any and all of Trump’s fake tweets.
To say that this would have been unfathomable this time last year is so much of an understatement that it barely carries any water but that’s where we are. Thanks again, 2016!
On a more serious note, the plug-in could prove extremely beneficial for twitter users who want greater context to the largely unchallenged, and often unhinged, assertions that Trump makes on the social media site on a daily basis. For instance, Friday morning saw Trump deploy a tactic that we are all too familiar with by now; the simple act of deflection. Instead of dealing with the incredibly serious allegations made against Russian President Vladimir Putin regarding his direct involvement in the email hacking scandal that blighted the Democratic Party’s election campaign, Trump opted to try and push the blame onto Hillary Clinton.
Are we talking about the same cyberattack where it was revealed that head of the DNC illegally gave Hillary the questions to the debate?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 16, 2016
Trump’s Fake Tweets Challenged By The Washington Post
While it is extremely unlikely that the Washington Post’s attempt to check Trump’s fake tweets will achieve its goal of ceasing his behaviour altogether, it is refrehing to see that someone is standing up to him and doing something that may curtail the free reign he currently enjoys on the social media site. However, by the same token, it is a pretty damning indictment of the present state of play in the US political sphere that a newspaper has to go to these lengths to ensure that the next President of the United Stated doesn’t contine to spread false allegations on social media sites.
Photo Credit: Screenshot
- Fox News ‘Reporter’ Exalts White Supremacist Killer in Charlottesville as a ‘Vigilante’ (VIDEO)
- Trump’s DOJ Battles Web Host For Private Information On 1.3 Million Resistance Members
- Trump Calls White Supremacists ‘Fine People’, Says ‘Alt-Left’ Shares Blame for Charlottesville
- This World War II Vet Has a Chilling Warning about Trump and the Charlottesville N*zi Terrorists
- Take That, Trump: Obama’s Post-Charlottesville Tweet 2nd Most Liked in Twitter History
- Funnyman Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious, Slams ‘Shameful’ Trump After Charlottesville N*zi Attack