Ted Lieu Destroys Trump Admin’s Heartless Healthcare Bill in a Tweet That Wins The F*cking Internet
Kellyanne Conway shills for Trump and gets humiliated-Again!
In response to Kellyanne Conway’s epic apathetic view on our working poor, Congressman Ted Lieu of California went on a Twitter attack, schooling her with some hell-bent truth about Trumpcare and winning the Internet in the process. Conway appeared on ABC’s ‘This Week’ Sunday to tout Trumpcare and run defense on criticism about Medicaid cuts that might leave the poor without health insurance. She suggested they simply find jobs that provide coverage.
“Obamacare took Medicaid, which was designed to help the poor, the needy, the sick, disabled, also children and pregnant women, it took it and went way above the poverty line to many able-bodied Americans,They should probably find other — at least see if there are other options for them. If they are able-bodied and they want to work, then they’ll have employer-sponsored benefits like you and I do.”
The assumption here is part of that tired Republican narrative that poor people are lazy and don’t work. That’s despite nearly 59% of Medicaid recipients being employed. The problem, according to The Kaiser Family Foundation is that those jobs are typically part-time and low income and don’t offer the insurance that Conway’s $176,000 a year job does. Congressman Lieu recognized the absurdity of the statement as well and offered Conway a suggestion that can’t help but be applauded.
— Ted Lieu (@tedlieu) June 26, 2017
Remember Conway apparently told MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ crew that she had to ”take a shower’ after defending then candidate Trump on the show, a statement she never denied. Perhaps enough showers may somehow wash the ignorance off of Mrs. Conway but for now, it seems she’s covered with the stench of abject denial and misinformation. And we are still waiting for the coal to come back.
Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- New Poll Confirms Overwhelming Majority of Americans are Fighting for Gun Control
- Swing State Chief Justice Slams GOP’s Fascist Vote Rigging, Court Fixing Scheme
- Trump’s New National Security Advisor Is a Chickenhawk Sociopath That You Should Be Scared Of
- Watch Veterans Stand Up to NRA, Stand Up For Shooting Victims in Moving Video
- A Shocking Number of Americans Think Trump Is A Good Role Model For Children
- Disgraced GOP Preacher Politician Kills Self – Sticks Taxpayers With Massive Debt