Ted Lieu Destroys Trump Admin’s Heartless Healthcare Bill in a Tweet That Wins The F*cking Internet
Kellyanne Conway shills for Trump and gets humiliated-Again!
In response to Kellyanne Conway’s epic apathetic view on our working poor, Congressman Ted Lieu of California went on a Twitter attack, schooling her with some hell-bent truth about Trumpcare and winning the Internet in the process. Conway appeared on ABC’s ‘This Week’ Sunday to tout Trumpcare and run defense on criticism about Medicaid cuts that might leave the poor without health insurance. She suggested they simply find jobs that provide coverage.
“Obamacare took Medicaid, which was designed to help the poor, the needy, the sick, disabled, also children and pregnant women, it took it and went way above the poverty line to many able-bodied Americans,They should probably find other — at least see if there are other options for them. If they are able-bodied and they want to work, then they’ll have employer-sponsored benefits like you and I do.”
The assumption here is part of that tired Republican narrative that poor people are lazy and don’t work. That’s despite nearly 59% of Medicaid recipients being employed. The problem, according to The Kaiser Family Foundation is that those jobs are typically part-time and low income and don’t offer the insurance that Conway’s $176,000 a year job does. Congressman Lieu recognized the absurdity of the statement as well and offered Conway a suggestion that can’t help but be applauded.
— Ted Lieu (@tedlieu) June 26, 2017
Remember Conway apparently told MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ crew that she had to ”take a shower’ after defending then candidate Trump on the show, a statement she never denied. Perhaps enough showers may somehow wash the ignorance off of Mrs. Conway but for now, it seems she’s covered with the stench of abject denial and misinformation. And we are still waiting for the coal to come back.
Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- It’s Official: Fox News and the GOP have merged into a single political media enterprise
- Ana Navarro to Trump: As Commander in Chief “you do not fight with the family of a dead soldier!”
- The Daily Caller actually thinks Ted Cruz won this argument – but really, he got Bern’d!
- Terrifying new poll shows most Republicans don’t support the 1st Amendment
- Internet rejoices as school honoring Confederate leader to be renamed for Barack Obama
- Experts, Mar-a-Lago visitors skeptical of White House claims about records