Trump Brags About Passing Up ‘Fancy Lunch’ in Latest Slap in the Face to Troops
He just can’t seem to stop insulting the military
President Donald Trump is no stranger to insulting active and retired members of the United States Armed Forces — or their families. He famously avoided the draft during the Vietnam conflict due to “bone spurs“. He questioned John McCain’s heroism because the President likes “people who weren’t captured.” He made a mockery of a veteran’s Purple Heart. Who can forget his petty and embarrassing war or words with Gold Star parents last summer? And most recently, he was taken to task for engaging in a war of words with a war widow. So it should hardly come as a surprise that the Commander-In-Chief insulted troops stationed overseas not long after sharing lunch with them at Camp Humphreys in South Korea.
RELATED: As Mueller closes in, Trump Administration desperately plays to base with Civil War rhetoric
The president told the traveling press pool:
“I had a choice of having a beautiful, very fancy lunch and I said no, I want to eat with the troops and we ate with the troops.”
It would be interesting to see what the president considers to be a “beautiful, very fancy lunch“. This is a man known to admire well-done steak with ketchup — the culinary equivalent of a rusted Lamborghini with no tires. He’s publicized pictures of himself devouring fast food aboard his private jet. And he thinks the best taco bowls in the world are served at his gaudy fifth avenue home. But questionable taste in food aside, the simple fact that he needed to make such a statement says more about how Trump feels about the troops than his disingenuous tweets ever will.
All of which stands to be the primary reason why the president is rapidly losing support from active duty members of the Armed Forces.
Photo Credit: Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images News
- Trump Fumbles Latest Attack On NFL, Reminds America Why Liberals Made America Great
- US Mayor Blasts Trump for Being a ‘Bully’ and a ‘Punk’ (VIDEO)
- Narco-a-Lago: Trump Corp Laundering Cash for Violent Drug Cartels, Russian Mob (VIDEO)
- Trump Essentially Admits MAGA is About Attacking Blacks in Shocking Thanksgiving Tweet
- Trump: This Thanksgiving, Give Thanks for Me, Me, ME!
- 8 Conservative Values Republicans Can No Longer Claim After Falling In Line Behind Trump