House GOP Poised To Enter 2017 Sessions With Plan To Completely Destroy Our Democracy
Republicans in the House are going to destroy our democracy
Trump winning the White House was surprisingly not the worst thing to come out of the 2016 elections; it was the Republicans gaining control of both Houses of Congress. If the Democratic Party had at least won control of a single one, then any of Trump’s proposed legislation could have gotten opposed.
Without a Democratic majority, Congress can theoretically pass whatever nightmarish legislation they want, and today’s news has indicated that not only will this happen, but it could happen very soon.
Anyone who has even basic understanding of the two parties knows that the main initiative of the Republicans is to create a smaller government. This hearkens back to the Anti-Federalists in the early days of the United States. But the contemporary Republicans also have an ulterior motive to simultaneously screw over the poor and help the top one percent.
Doing this requires massive deregulation, and as readers can expect, this is what the House of Representatives has in mind. Republicans have scheduled a vote on the “Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny Act” or “REINS Act.” This proposal would require Congress to approve all major changes to economic regulation standards.
With this law, many government agencies, including the EPA, will be completely screwed over. They will not be able to function properly as Congressional oversight will mandate that they every decision they make go through the House.
In aiming to create a smaller government, Republicans have just bloated up the bureaucracy and put our democracy in jeopardy.
(Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
- Trump Stabs Base in the Back, Promises ‘Largest Tax Cut in the History of our Country’ to 1%
- Alt-Right Publisher Bannon Sought to Infiltrate Facebook Days Before Joining Trump Campaign
- NASCAR Hero Dale Earnhardt Jr Slams Head-on into Trump’s Attack On 1st Amendment
- WTF? Donald Trump, the Lowest Rated President Ever, Just Attacked NFL Players Over Ratings.
- Trump Throws Juvenile Temper Tantrum After Being Spurned by NBA’s Steph Curry
- Trump’s Dangerous Attack on Free Speech Stirs Harsh Response From the NFL