President Obama Criticizes ‘Less-Than-Loving’ Christians At Easter Prayer Breakfast (VIDEO)
President Obama made some remarks about Christians during his Easter Prayer Breakfast speech which once again has caused an uproar amongst Christian Conservatives everywhere. It seems that the man cannot say a word about Christians without getting slammed by his adversaries, likely because many of them do not believe that he is a “true” Christian – or a Christian at all, for that matter.
Here is what he said that caused Obama Derangement Syndrome-afflicted folks and right-wing bloggers to work themselves into a tizzy:
“On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian, I am supposed to love, and I have to say that sometimes when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned.”
His remarks caused the audience to stir, and before President Obama went any further, he said:
“But that’s a topic for another day… I was about to veer off. I’m pulling it back.”
Returning to his scripted speech, he added:
“Where there is injustice we defend the oppressed. Where there is disagreement, we treat each other with compassion and respect. Where there are differences, we find strength in our common humanity, knowing that we are all children of God.”
As expected, internet commenters pushed back against President Obama’s remarks, with many predictably remarking that he is more critical of Christians than he is of Islamic extremists.
Criticism aside, his premise is spot-on. Many Christians are “less than loving.” Look no further than the comments section of any right-wing blog reporting on his remarks. The most ignorant remarks were from folks who believe that President Obama is actually a Muslim, or at least is a Muslim sympathizer.
One wonders what their reactions would have been had the president expounded on his remarks, which were likely aimed at those who have supported the discriminatory Religion Freedom Law in Indiana and are against equal rights for gays and lesbians in general.
Watch President Obama make his remarks below.
- Rupert Murdoch Slams Claims of Rampant Sexual Harrassment at Fox News As ‘Nonsense’
- Trump Preaches Respect for Law Enforcement, An Hour After Dissing FBI
- The Best People? Twitter Thrashes Trump’s Judicial Nominee for His Sheer, Shocking Incompetence
- Watch Paul Ryan Say The Most Idiotic, Sexist, Inherently Racist & Snobbish Thing Ever
- Watch The Corrupt AF FCC Chair Join Right Wing Misinfo Operative To Dance On Grave of Free Speech
- Ex-Trump Aide Omarosa Sounds Alarm: ‘I Was Very Uncomfortable With’ Events In Trump White House