Colbert Hilariously Trolls Trump by Launching ‘Fakies’ Awards for ‘Dishonest and Corrupt Media’
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert host Stephen Colbert has been very keen on exposing on the insipid and corrupt behavior of the Trump Administration ever since the eponymous President took office. And Wednesday night was no exception to that rule.
With the Golden Globes approaching this Sunday, Colbert saw it fit to advocate his own set of awards, only these ones applying to the various pejoratives thrown at him from the right-wing media. Taking its basis from a recent tweet of Trump’s announcing his own upcoming “Dishonest and Corrupt Media Awards” or, as Colbert labeled them, “Fakies,” Colbert humorously claimed to have put up a billboard in Times Square promoting his own nominations in each of the made-up categories, including: “Outstanding Achievement in Parroting George Soros’ Talking Points,” “Least Breitbarty,” and “Smallest Button” amongst others.
To add a cherry on top, the billboards contain quotes at the bottom from conservative figures like Sean Hannity and Trump himself. Check out the video announcing the ordeal below:
— Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) January 4, 2018
Image from Stephen Colbert’s Twitter account (@StephenAtHome)
- 5 Things You Need to Know About New York’s Lawsuit Against Trump’s Sham Charity
- Why Trump and Sessions are Wrong about Immigrant Asylum Law
- The World Cup Is Better Off Without the Hostile and Belligerent USA
- Black Women Have a Different Experience of #Metoo — Here’s Why
- Trump’s Former Campaign Manager Paul Manafort Hauled Off to Jail
- Changes in Antarctic Ice Shelves Worry Scientists