The DC City Council Just Savagely Trolled Trump’s Military Parade Demand
The DC City Council Just Trolled Trump’s Military Parade
Early Wednesday morning, the official Twitter account for the council tweeted:
“The DC government will open on time today. DC Public Schools will open on time today. Sadly, the Giant Tank Parade is cancelled. Permanently.”
The DC government will open on time today.
DC Public Schools will open on time today.
Sadly, the Giant Tank Parade is cancelled. Permanently. pic.twitter.com/mQmElqs3Tt
— Council of DC (@councilofdc) February 7, 2018
Clearly, the “No Tanks” symbol says it all.
I gotta say, whomever runs this Twitter account is my new hero. The internet has been exploding with outrage since word started spreading that Trump wants a grand military parade, in the tradition of dictators and tyrants everywhere. Most Americans do not want images of our nation or our military being used in photo-ops that will compare us to Na*i Germany, Kim Jong Un’s North Korea, or Vladimir Putin’s Russia.
On Tuesday, CA Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier told CNN:
“…We have a Napoleon in the making…”
Rep. Jackie Speier on President Trump's interest in a military parade: "I was stunned by it, to be quite honest. … We have a Napoleon in the making here." https://t.co/FKB39bAlIt pic.twitter.com/rQQD67Pe3G
— CNN (@CNN) February 7, 2018
“The military is not Donald Trump’s to use and abuse in this way. Our military is the very best in the world — they are not to be reduced to stagecraft to prop up Donald Trump’s image. Any commander in chief who respects the traditions of the military would understand that. Unfortunately, we do not have a commander in chief, right now, as much as we have a wannabe banana republic strongman.”
- Giuliani’s BS: Trump-Russia Probe Deadline ‘Made Up’ — White House Panicking
- Looming Constitutional Crisis: ‘Dr. Evil’ Trump is Attacking The Pillars of Democracy
- IBM Started Laying off Older Workers Without Disclosure, so a Federal Watchdog Took a Closer Look
- The Schlossberg Case Proves the Resistance is Winning the War Against Deplorable MAGA-ots
- Look Around: Nobody Plays the Race and Gender Cards Like a Conservative Does
- The BBC Just Needed One Epic Royal Wedding Photo to Brilliantly Troll Trump into Oblivion
James is a Co-founder and the Managing Editor of Reverb Press. A long-time activist, he is a Teamster, an agitator, a semi-retired indie rock bass player, a surfer, and a student of life. He hurls epithets with reckless abandon and uses the term “dude” as a non-gender specific term with great frequency.