High School Principal’s Response to his School’s Tragedy is Just What America Needs to Hear
The Stoneman Douglas School Principal has words for his students (and America)
It is very easy to look at the recent Stoneman Douglas High School massacre in Parkland, Florida in statistical terms. 17 individuals were killed and 15 others wounded in yet another mass shooting in the United States of Gun Mania. But we didn’t just scratch 17 more notches in America’s gun belt; these were all human beings, most of them kids, who had lives and dreams and aspirations. All the victims are, they always are. We are so busy looking at the whole event as a tragedy that we can lose sight of the human factor to all this. Time, and time again.
Related: Watch CNN Anchor Brilliantly Goad GOP Candidate Into Shocking Anti-Semitic Fascist Meltdown
After this, he moved onto the tough task of uniting everyone, which he pulled off:
“We lost 17 lives on Valentine’s Day. That’s supposed to be the international day of love. We’re going to take the love that we got lost on Wednesday, we’re going to spread that over the next days, weeks, months, maybe even years.”
“The love you shared and continue to share will help us get through these trying times,” Thompson said. “And, Eagles, I promise you I will hug each and every one of you as many times as you need and I will hold you as long you need me to for all 3,300 of you and your families. And we will get through this together. Our community is strong, our students are strong, we will persevere in these trying times.”
An absolutely hopeful speech that brings tears to our eyes. Check it out below:
- Trump is Stressing Americans Out — And it’s Causing Problems for Industry
- Want to Ensure a Blue Wave Election? Read This.
- Authorities Fear Reality TV Star Rapist Had Hundreds of Victims (VIDEO)
- Shocking Atrocities Lead to DOJ Probe of DEA’s War on Drugs
- Toxic Waste Leaks in Hurricane Aftermath Caused by Gutting of Environmental Protections
- Kavanaugh’s Youth Doesn’t Excuse His Alleged Crimes, Declares Criminal Justice Expert