President Obama Initiates Plans To Protect Obamacare From Republican Claws Under Trump Presidency
Obamacare is being secured for the future
Even though Trump has said that he will keep parts of the Affordable Care Act, there is no doubt on anyone’s mind that the Republican Party will pressure him to get rid of it entirely. They have miraculously turned the healthcare bill, dubbed “Obamacare,” into a political scapegoat for their voter base to turnout in the elections to vote against.
President Obama is a smart man. Having dealt with Republican obstructionism for eight long years, he is well aware of the fact that they will move to strip people of the very thing that makes the difference between life and death.
related: BREAKING: FOX ‘News’ Retracts Dangerously False Food Stamp Story After USDA Criticism (VIDEO)
As a result, the President will be meeting with House and Senate Democrats in order to strengthen bureaucratic methods towards preserving Obamacare, despite the minorities the party has in both houses. A White House official gave this statement:
“….on Wednesday, January 4, President Obama will visit a closed-press meeting of the House and Senate Democratic Caucuses … He will discuss the work still left to do, including the ideas he has put forth to strengthen the Affordable Care Act (ACA). And he will share his perspective about the dangers posed by Congressional Republicans’ stated strategy to repeal the ACA before proposing any replacement, creating chaos in the health system in the short run — and holding hostage Americans’ health care — while Republicans develop their plan.”
He may have given up the Supreme Court spot, but President Obama is working to preserve his legacy. Let us hope Democrats can be as obstructionist towards Trump during his first term.
(Photo by Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images)
- Social Media Punishes Washington Post Reporter for Buying Another Bulls**t Trump Pivot
- Judge Threatens Elitist Jerk GOP Congressman Who Viciously Attacked Reporter With Arrest
- First White Player Takes a Knee During National Anthem as NFL-wide Protest Expands
- GOP Rep. Reacts to News that Charlottesville Car Attack Was PLANNED—By Blaming Obama
- New Poll Shows Trump Response to Charlottesville Was Complete Disgrace
- Right-Wing Media Gets Hysterically Overheated by Dumbass White House Petition