Watch This Democrat Rip Apart the GOP Tax Plan with a Few Simple Questions
The GOP won’t stop until they give everything to the rich
Despite major Democratic victories in Virginia yesterday, the country still has a long way to go before getting rid of the parasitic presence of the Republican Party. While there is something admirable in the fact that the GOP has been unable to pass major legislative initiatives in spite of its grasp of all three branches of government, there remains the risk of them ultimately succeeding.
Their latest legislative attempt is essentially the Bush Tax Cuts 2.0.: a tax plan that does nothing but give a 4.6 percent decreased tax rate for the richest Americans, provide stable tax deductions for corporations, eliminate the estate tax, and add an estimated $1.7 trillion in debt over the next 10 years.
Though it would be easy to tear apart this proposal with facts, sometimes the best politics tactics involve bringing the situation to the local level. That is exactly what Representative Suzan DelBene of Washington’s 1st congressional district did in a recent questioning with Thomas Barthold, the chief of staff for Congress’ Joint Committee on Taxation. Pointing out how it does not help common people like students and firefighters, DelBene brilliant exposed the flaws in the plan – proving with a few basic questions that the GOP’s latest tax bill is an assault on the American worker.
Check out her clever strategy below:
Image a screen capture from Rep. Suzan DelBene’s YouTube channel
- Kanye West Delivers Bizarre Rambling Rant During Trump Visit | Reverb TV
- What do Julius Caesar and Trump Have in Common? Both Embraced Immunity From Prosecution
- “His Policies are Working” – Republican Rep. Praises Trump for Rising Healthcare Costs
- Need Help Preparing for the Midterms? These Resources and Questions Will Help You
- Trump’s America: Black Man Stalked, Reported to Police for Babysitting White Kids
- A Nobel Winning Scientist Proved There is No Conflict Between the Economy and the Environment