Watch This Democrat Rip Apart the GOP Tax Plan with a Few Simple Questions
The GOP won’t stop until they give everything to the rich
Despite major Democratic victories in Virginia yesterday, the country still has a long way to go before getting rid of the parasitic presence of the Republican Party. While there is something admirable in the fact that the GOP has been unable to pass major legislative initiatives in spite of its grasp of all three branches of government, there remains the risk of them ultimately succeeding.
Their latest legislative attempt is essentially the Bush Tax Cuts 2.0.: a tax plan that does nothing but give a 4.6 percent decreased tax rate for the richest Americans, provide stable tax deductions for corporations, eliminate the estate tax, and add an estimated $1.7 trillion in debt over the next 10 years.
Though it would be easy to tear apart this proposal with facts, sometimes the best politics tactics involve bringing the situation to the local level. That is exactly what Representative Suzan DelBene of Washington’s 1st congressional district did in a recent questioning with Thomas Barthold, the chief of staff for Congress’ Joint Committee on Taxation. Pointing out how it does not help common people like students and firefighters, DelBene brilliant exposed the flaws in the plan – proving with a few basic questions that the GOP’s latest tax bill is an assault on the American worker.
Check out her clever strategy below:
Image a screen capture from Rep. Suzan DelBene’s YouTube channel
- New Poll Confirms Overwhelming Majority of Americans are Fighting for Gun Control
- Swing State Chief Justice Slams GOP’s Fascist Vote Rigging, Court Fixing Scheme
- Trump’s New National Security Advisor Is a Chickenhawk Sociopath That You Should Be Scared Of
- Watch Veterans Stand Up to NRA, Stand Up For Shooting Victims in Moving Video
- A Shocking Number of Americans Think Trump Is A Good Role Model For Children
- Disgraced GOP Preacher Politician Kills Self – Sticks Taxpayers With Massive Debt