Trump To Cut Funding For PBS While His Family’s Lavish Lifestyle Costs Taxpayers This Astronomical Sum
PBS, National Endowment For The Arts On The Chopping Block
The widely-popular Federal programs account for less than 0.0625% of the total budget. Security for the Trumps in the White House, Trump Tower, and Mar-a-Lago is estimated to cost more than the entire proposed budget for the NEA in 2017.
The Trump Administration plans to cut funding for several popular domestic programs, such as PBS and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). Both programs make up less than 0.0625% of the Federal budget. Meanwhile, the cost of facilitating the Trump family’s lifestyle could cost taxpayers some $300 million more annually than the previous first family, a Reverb Press investigation concludes.
If President Trump continues to visit Mar-a-Lago three times a month for the next twelve months, he’ll rack up a security bill of roughly $120 million.
At their highest, estimates put the cost of protecting Trump Tower at twice the NEA’s total proposed budget for 2017. If First Lady Melania Trump continues to reside at the penthouse, it will cost taxpayers some $183 million per year.
That adds up to an extra $303 million per year—not including security costs for protecting family members other than the President and First Lady. His sons’ business trips, for example, would add another $1.3 million to the figure.
For comparison, PBS’s proposed budget for 2016 was $341.7 million, while the NEA’s proposed budget for 2017 is just $149.849 million. President Obama’s travel expenses cost taxpayers roughly $12 million a year, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch.
Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Trump Throws Juvenile Temper Tantrum After Being Spurned by NBA’s Steph Curry
- Trump’s Dangerous Attack on Free Speech Stirs Harsh Response From the NFL
- BREAKING: Nearly Half of US, Including Key States, Targeted by Russian Hackers in 2016 Election
- This Mysterious Group is Using Twitter to ‘Defund Bigotry’ – Starting With Breitbart
- Watch the Dumbest Man on Fox News Fail to Grasp Russia’s Cyber War in Debate With Rob Reiner
- Sickening Poll Proves Trump Supporters as Delusional as They are Deranged