Nigeria Issues Travel Warning Against U.S. After Authorities Force IT Expert To Prove His Identity
Trump’s ban Prompts Nigeria To warn Its Citizens Against Traveling to the U.S.
Stateside, the situation for immigrants becomes more tense everyday.
Nigeria has warned its people to refrain from visiting the United States. Officials advised citizens to avoid travelling to the U.S. unless it is truly essential. The advisory comes after several Nigerians reportedly had their valid visas cancelled, and were subsequently denied entry into the U.S.
Since President Trump signed an executive order in January banning citizens from seven Muslim countries from entering the United States, things have become extremely hard for immigrants traveling to and from the country. On Monday, Trump signed a new order removing Iraq from the list (Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen). Nigeria is neither named by the ban, nor is it a Muslim-majority country.
In February, the U.S. State Department issued a travel warning for Nigeria, citing the unpredictable security situation caused by the presence of Boko Haram.
But this time the warning has come the other way. As Abike Dabiri-Erewa, a senior special assistant to Nigeria’s President on foreign affairs and diaspora, told CNN:
“Four Nigerians have been sent back in the past two weeks so we are advising that those without any urgent need to travel should consider rescheduling their trip until there is clarity on the new immigration policy… no reasons were given for the decision by the US immigration authorities.”
“didn’t look like an engineer and needed to take a test to prove it. He was then asked to answer two difficult computer science questions.”
Featured image via Drew Angerer/Getty Images Nes
- Donald Trump is Still the White Supremacist-in-Chief, Bannon/Breitbart Wing Declares War
- Trump Issues ‘Cyberspace’ Security Statement That Leaves One Terrifying Unanswered Question
- Buh-Bye Bannon – Trump’s Chief of Staff John Kelly Shows Bannon the Door
- Watch CNN’s Chris Cuomo Wipe the Floor With Confederate-Loving Republican Over Charlottesville
- Confederate Memorial Overlooking Highway Gets Tarred and Feathered
- Amid Horrific Barcelona Terror Attack, Trump Tweets Bulls**t Anti-Muslim Fable