‘Syria’s Anne Frank’ Just Trolled Trump Following Horrific Chemical Attack, Shaming Us All (VIDEO)
New chemical attack by Syrian forces against citizens
It was one of the deadliest chemical weapons attacks since the Syrian regime began killing protesters, sparking a civil war, six years ago. Tuesday morning, innocent Syrian civilians including women and children were targeted with chemical weapons in the northern province of Idlib, killing dozens and sickening around 250 more, according to multiple activist groups, medics, rescuers and witnesses. The Syrian people are shouting to get help.
Bana Alabed, the 7-year-old Syrian girl known as “Syria’s Anne Frank,” famous for her live tweets of bombing and fighting from Syria, called out Donald Trump, Tuesday. She sent a message for Trump in the hope he will take the lead the U.S. has had in other cases against war crimes like this
— Bana Alabed (@AlabedBana) April 4, 2017
The White House has blamed the Syrian government for the attack; nevertheless, the blame took a diversion when Sean Spicer told reporters that
“these heinous actions by the Bashar al-Assad regime are a consequence of the last administration’s weakness and irresolution.”
Spicer did not speak about President Trump’s reaction, yet reiterated that his administration’s policy towards Syria is not looking for nor will support a regime change. The chemical weapons attack came only days after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson indicated that the US no longer seeks regime change in Syria. This may have freed Assad’s hand to use chemical weapons, after weapons of mass destruction attacks mostly stopped when the Barack Obama administration and Russia agreed to remove most of Assad’s chemical stockpile in 2013.
This is the deadliest chemical attack since sarin gas killed hundreds of civilians in Ghouta near the Syrian capital in August 2013. International newspapers and social media have been spreading horrid images and footage of victims with respiratory problems, fainting and foaming at the mouth. The victims include children and babies. According to Al-Jazeera at least 58 people, including 11 children have been killed. A doctor told CNN
“Today around 7:30 a.m., about 125 injuries arrived to our hospital. Twenty-five of them were already dead, 70 to 80% of the wounded people were kids and women.The symptoms were pale skin, sweating, narrow or pin-eye pupils, very intense respiratory detachments. Those symptoms match the usage of sarin.”
The New York Times has also claimed that
“A few hours later, according to several witnesses, another airstrike hit one of the clinics treating victims, who had been farmed out to smaller hospitals and maternity wards because the area’s largest hospital had been severely damaged by an airstrike two days earlier.”
The United Nations, under an emergency meeting called for by France, has already expressed its concern and said the incident will be investigated as a possible war crime from the Syrian government. The European Union as well as Turkey have also condemned the attack. Russia’s defense ministry and the Syrian government have denied all responsibility; yet, the government of al-Assad has repeatedly denied using chemical weapons in the past although the UN has found it guilty on three previous occasions for the use of poisonous weapons. However, a Syrian military source said according to Reuters
“The army “has not and does not use them, not in the past and not in the future, because it does not have them in the first place”
It has been six years, and not a week passes without events like this. Will we finally react?
Featured image via Bana Alabed/Twitter