BREAKING: Trump Just Threatened Reporters Who Don’t Kiss Up To Him
The Man Who ‘Tells it like it is’ Goes After Reporters For Doing the Exact Same Thing
President Donald Trump attacked the national media and the reporters who cover his administration Wednesday morning, citing an 8-month-old study as his basis. After demanding praise for an economy that has been on the same trajectory for more than half a decade, the president issued some of the same authoritarian style rhetoric we’ve become all too accustomed to, threatening to revoke the press credentials of outlets that don’t bow down to his wishes and sing his praises:
The Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 9, 2018
Why would the so-called “Fake News” report stories that paint Trump in a “negative” light? Perhaps because…
- He’s involved in arguably the most salacious sex scandal in the history of the Presidency (no small accomplishment) after paying $130,000 in hush money to adult-film star Stormy Daniels to conceal an affair they had while his third wife was nursing his fifth child.
- That hush money may have been funded by a Russian oligarch directly tied to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- The latest addition to his legal team, Rudy Giuliani, has been on a disastrous media tour and making Trump look guiltier and sleazier than any network or publication could ever dream of.
- 19 People have been charged in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 Election.
- His former National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, is a cooperating witness in the investigation.
- Moving beyond Russia and Stormy Daniels, he also threw his weight behind an accused Pedophile in an Alabama special election, called black NFL players “sons of bitches“, and oh yeah, said Nazis and their sympathizers could be “very fine people“.
What among those stories — most of them, and their tentacles are still ongoing — should the media not cover? By threatening to revoke credentials, this man is continuing to make a complete and total mockery of the office of the presidency. A free and open press is a right explicitly guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. And it’s embedded there without the vagueries and interpretations of what a “well-regulated militia” may be.
Let’s not forget: this is a man who gave media credentials to a white power radio show covering his campaign. For the same person to threaten long-established outlets because he doesn’t think he’s being treated fairly isn’t merely Un-American. It’s a threat to the America that hundreds of millions of people built over the last 241 years.